Overview of Changes to the USDA Harmonized GAP Audit Workshops
These workshops are designed to provide growers with an overview of the recent changes to the USDA Harmonized GAP Audit, discuss relevant food safety practices for produce farms, and share the resources available from NC State University to help you implement a food safety plan in your farm and successfully go through a food safety audit.
Workshop locations and times
|Workshop 1||Workshop 2|
|Date||May 10, 2018||May 22, 2018|
|Time||9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.||10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
|Location||Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center (455 Research Dr., Mills River, NC 28759-3423)||Davie County Extension Center (180 S. Main St. Mocksville, NC 27028)|
Call the Henderson County Extension Center at (828) 697-4891
Call the Davie County Extension Center at (336) 753-6100
- What kind of food safety audit do you need?
- Overview of USDA GAP GHP Audit, USDA Harmonized GAP and USDA Harmonized GAP Plus Audit.
- New guidelines for Harmonized GAP, changes to the Harmonized GAP Audit from 2017.
- Overview of sections for the USDA Harmonized GAP Audit for 2018:
- General questions
- Field operations and harvesting
- Post-Harvest Operation
- What do you need to do to comply with FSMA’s Produce Safety Rule in 2018?
If you have questions about the content of the workshops, please contact Elena Rogers, Area Specialized Agent – Western NC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 352-2519.
This workshop is being organized by Elena Rogers, Area Specialized Agent – Food Safety – Fresh Produce Western NC, Craig Mauney, Area Specialized Agent – Commercial Vegetables and Fruit, Karen Blaedow, Extension Agent – Vegetables and Small Fruit for Henderson County and Pam Jones, Area Agent Agriculture – Horticulture for Davie and Yadkin Counties.